This is a fur shader, specifically made with VR and performance in mind!
Most fur shaders will have upwards of 20 passes to look good, which can kill performance. Mine does it all in one pass!
It has support for Custom lighting Ramps for both Fur, and Skin layers,
Tinting for both Fur and Skin layers, Length by texture, and,
Combing, Emission, and Gravity are also supported.
v3.0.0 May 28 2021:
- XSFur is now an XSToon plugin and requires XSToon3 to be installed to use. This will keep the lighting model in line with XSToon and make the shader easier to maintain. The package now comes with XSToon3
v1.2.4 April 11 2020:
- Fixed a bug which was causing the Cutout parts of the shader to misbehave. This should now work properly again.
v1.2.3 July 13 2019:
- Added slight light scattering around the edges and updated the lighting model to match more closely to XSToon.
- Added full shadow casting and receiving support.
v1.2.2 Jan 21 2019:
- Added Lightmapping support ( You have to manually check the box in the material to enable it, do not check this box unless you're using the shader on a static object in worlds )
- Added Cutout support, you can now clip parts of the model away. Use the Skin Texture and Color Tint Alpha to control the cutout.
v1.2.1 Dec 6 2018:
- Fixed a bug causing lights with shadows to cause compiler errors.
v1.2 - Dec 6 2018:
- Added support to adjust how much the lower layers of fur get shadowed.
- Added support for Spot and Point lights. (Forward Add pass)
- Fixed and issue where the fur would get brighter as you got further away from it.
v1.1 - Nov 8 2018:
- Fixed an issue with the fur using the wrong UV Channel by default - it should now work on most models. Sorry for inconvenience!